HERE BELOW IS A BRIEF INSIGHT INTO THE VAST ARRAY OF DIVERSITY HERE ON
DISPLAY AT THE CRIME THROUGH TIME COLLECTION, LITTLEDEAN JAIL.
SIMPLY PRESS ONTO THE HIGHLIGHTED RED TITLE DESCRIPTION BELOW EACH
IMAGE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
The only Baphomet Exhibition on display display in the U.K.
Now here on display Lady Emilia
Northern Soul collection, a must see at Littledean Jail
Witchcraft, Paganism, Wicca, The Occult,
The Illuminati and Secret Societies.
The Quadrophenia Collection
Freaks of nature exhibition
Below and on display at Littledean Jail are oil paintings By
Artist Paul Bridgmman.
Charles Bronson AKA - Charles Salvador
Fred and Rose West
Ian Brady and Myra Hindley
John Wayne Gacy
Dennis Andrew Nilsen
Police killer Dale Cregan
Hangman, Albert Pierrepoint
John Christie and Timothy Evans
The Secret Societies
Witchfinder General Film -1968
Witchfinder General Film
Witchfinder General Film
Goodbye - Death
Nun - Witchcraft and the Occult
Ellen Hayward - Cunning Witch
The Jailer 2
Witchcraft and the Occult
Peter H Gilmore
Heinrich Himmler and the Occult
Angel Of Death
Beast Of Belson
Sid Vicious and Nancy Spungen
Bonnie & Clyde
The Elephant Man
Operation Nimrod - The Iranian Embassy Siege
Welcome to Littledean Jail, a former house of correction, police station and courthouse is the county’s most talked about, most unorthodox, not to be missed historical visitor attraction set in the Royal Forest of Dean.
The 'Alcatraz of the Forest', Littledean Jail is not only home of the infamous 'CRIME THROUGH TIME MUSEUM' - the only museum of it's kind in the World open to the public, but it also houses the largest collection of 'QUADROPHENIA' memorabilia.
On top of these two fabulous collections, Littledean Jail also contains a unique, thought provoking and unrivalled private collection of worldwide interest... without fear or favour... witness for yourselves an ‘Aladdin’s cave’ of true crime material, ephemera, murderabilia - a menagerie of freaks of nature, beasts of the jungle, oddities & curiosities - Nazi holocaust years exhibition, Nazi SS militaria, historic, nolstagic, vintage and modern day signed photographs, tv & film memorabilia & much More!
Now also exhibiting "Who Dares Wins" With the SAS Counter Revolutionary Warfare (CRW), SBS (Special Boat Service) UK Special Forces and Beyond, here at the Littledean Jail's Crime Through Time collection.
We also feature the heroics of British Secret Agent heroine Violette Szabo, along with other SOE(Special Operations Executive) heroes and heroines.
We also host paranormal investigations here at Littledean Jail.
Below is a paranormal clip by one of the paranormal organisations that hosts such events here, and a video of the Iranian embassy siege.
NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN, OR THOSE EASILY OFFENDED, DISTURBED OR OF A SENSITIVE NATURE.
LITTLEDEAN JAIL, CHURCH ST, LITTLEDEAN, GLOUCESTERSHIRE, UK. TEL: 01594 826659.
Now on permanent display.
The Quadrophenia Collection
The Quadrophenia Collections was previously owned by British Mod and Scooter and Quadrophenia mad fanatic David Wyburn. This remarkable and nostalgic Quadrophenia collection was acquired by Littledean Jail In November 2007 and subsequently added to its own Quadrophenia collection. Opening here in April 2008 …being the 30th Anniversary of when Quadrophenia was filmed in 1978 and released in cinemas around the UK in 1979.
“This is the best collection of Quadrophenia memorabilia I have ever seen!!!”
Franc Roddam …Quadrophenia Film director… (1978-1979) at the Quad Reunion 2007, Earls Court, London, UK.
Quadrophenia – The Film (1978-1979).
Quadrophenia was the greatest British youth film ever made!!
Quadrophenia was filmed in Britain in 1978 and released in 1979. Quadrophenia is still to this day highly regarded as being one of the greatest British films of all times. It still retains its own iconic magnetism and has a massive cult following worldwide.
Quadrophenia when originally released was panned by critics for its large amounts of drug- fuelled, pill-popping, sex, bad language, violence and profanity and drug use throughout the film, which at the time were fairly uncommon in Film (unlike today’s film and TV industry that revels and relies upon the need to introduce as much sex, violence, drug use and bad language).
“I myself was punk rocker at the time the film Quadrophenia was released in 1979. It was always one of my most favourite films of all time and still is, despite preferring the heavy rock music to that of the Mod scene.
It is a great privilege to now own and display such a fantastic collection and hope that it remains a shrine here in it’s own right to most, scooter and rocker fans to what is still highly acclaimed as on of Britain’s greatest ever films.”
Andy Jones, the Jailer, Littledean Jail.
During the Winter season when closed here at Littledean Jail from end of October – Easter some of the Quadrohphenia Collection may well be available to hire for travelling exhibitions, themed events, photo-shoots, memorabilia shows etc.
Please contact Littledean Jail for more details about the Quadrophenia Collection
Wow!! Two of the most famous bikes on two wheels in the world…
Ace Face (Sting)… customised Vespa GS/Rally scooter.
- This now fully restored scooter had been previously acquired by David Wyburn from Allstyles Scooters in Portsmouth. As is well known and documented within scooter clubs throughout Britain they had acquired and previously owned both Ace Face and Jimmy’s scooters following the release of the film back in 1979
- A total of some of four customised Vespa GS/Rally scooters had been made for use in the film – built by Ron Pymm of Stirling Scooters in London. These were to be used in various scenes including of course the climatic cliff top crash at the end of the film. The two scooters used in this scene were obviously destroyed on the rocks below.
- It is still believed that there is one other of these scooters still in existence today owned by a Jim Baxter in Scotland, though badly damaged and in poor condition. Believed to be in bits requiring welding, major repair, rebuilding and re-spraying. This partly remaining scooter has no accessories or wing mirrors at all was offered to David Wyburn at a cost of some £10k for spare parts.. This scooter had in fact been badly crashed and smashed up during filming.
- The Ace Face scooter seen here on display is the highly prized and acclaimed one used and ridden throughout the film by both Ace Face and Jimmy, was the one stolen by Jimmy from outside the Grand Hotel, Brighton… being the workplace of Ace Face as a bell-boy for the hotel…much to Jimmy’s displeasure.
Jimmy’s (Phil Daniels) Lambretta Scooter
- The scooter seen here on display has been entirely rebuilt and restored… being a 100% accurate replica of one of the two used and ridden throughout the film. This, with additional extras on her from the original scooters used … acquired from Allstyles Scooters.
- For those of you who have seen this great British film you will no doubt recall and remember that Jimmy’s scooter was in fact crushed and written off by a Post Office van in the film. (remember Jimmy’s heartfelt plea- “You killed my scooter”)
- The original seta from Jimmy’s scooter is also here on display.
- Jimmy’s lambretta scooter used throughout the film was in fact hires from one of the film extras for the sum of £300 per week (a lot of money back then!!).
Other Quadrophenia exhibits on display include:
- A superb array of authentic autographed photographs, film still, posters and memorabilia signed by the star cast of the film
- Original film script, signed by it’s director Franc Roddam
- Parkas and clothing as worn in the film.
- Jimmy’s key ring (RAC) as used when stealing Ace Face’s scooter.
- Rare, signed Quadrophenia albums
- And many more items of interest.
Andy Jones (Curator & Jailer!) sitting on Sting's Vespa GS/Rally scooter used in Quadrophenia.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE 'A TASTE OF NORTHERN SOUL EXHIBITION', AT LITTLEDEAN JAIL WILL BE ARRIVING SOON...
However in the meantime please do visit our business Facebook page crimethroughtime@littledeanjail for more information, photo's and various posts relating to what is on display alongside the Quadrophenia Collection here at Littledean Jail.